Starting school for the first time or transferring from another school, is a time of excitement for all involved. At Mernda Primary School we endeavour to ensure that transitioning into a new environment is a smooth and enjoyable process.
To enrol your child in primary school you will need to fill out an enrolment form and provide the school with important information about your child, including:
- evidence of your child’s date of birth – a copy of birth certificate (if born overseas, you may also provide a copy of the passport)
- your contact, phone and address details, and that of any other parent, guardian and/or carer
- names and contact details of emergency contacts
- Medical details/conditions relating to the student, including doctor’s and dentist’s names and phone numbers (such as Asthma, Anaphylaxis and Allergy Action Plans)
- Immunisation Status Certificate
- health and welfare information
- information about the language/s your child speaks and hears at home
- Previous school and year (if applicable)
By law, a child must have an immunisation status certificate to enrol in primary school.
Full immunisation needs to be completed before commencement of the Prep year and immunisation certificates need to be handed in with your child’s enrolment form. Immunisation certificates can be obtained from the Australian Immunisation Register, a doctor, a medicare office or a local council. The phone number to ring is 1800 653 809.
To be eligible for school enrolment, children must turn 5 by the 30th April
Before enrolling your child, we encourage all prospective parents to come for a school tour. For further information about our school tours and to make a booking please phone the office on (03) 9717 7900.